Georgia Southern vs UNF vs SCAD-Savannah
- Saturday, January 29, 2022
- Statesboro, Ga.
- Georgia Southern 173.0, UNF 113.0
- Georgia Southern 207.0, SCAD-Savannah 80.0
- UNF 160.5, SCAD-Savannah 100.5
Courtesy: Georgia Southern Athletics
Marissa Santos came out of the gates hot in the 3-meter dive, posting a score of 268.00 to win the event ahead of fellow freshman Megan Phifer. Both Santos and Phifer scored season bests in diving on both platforms.
The Eagles 200 Yard Medley Relay team would finish first as Emma Scruggs, Amy Hornyak, Tori Rucker, and Abby Wenham produced a time of 1:48.59, the fastest time this season for the team.
Madie Banks would finish third in the 1000 Yard Freestyle, swimming a time of 11:01.91. Emma Sutton would continue the success in the pool that the Eagles had, winning the 200 Yard Freestyle with a time of 1:56.68. In 100 Yard Backstroke the Eagles would finish second, third and fourth, as Emma Scruggs, Lily Kasra and Madie Banks all scored for the Eagles. Banks’ 100 Yard Backstroke time of 1:01.58 was the season best time for her.
Austyn Woods produced season best times in the 50 Freestyle and the 100 Freestyle this afternoon, swimming a time of 25.93 and 59.71. The Eagles will now prepare for CCSA Championships in Lynchburg, Va.
QUOTING COACH CALDWELL
“I am proud of how our women competed today! We went into the meet wanting to make memories with the senior class that they wouldn’t forget. I loved the energy the team brought throughout the meet. I cannot wait to see all the hard work they have put in this year pay off at the conference championships in two weeks.”
Courtesy: UNF Athletics
UNF 160.5, SCAD-Savannah 100.5
Georgia Southern 173.0, UNF 113.0
- Ashley Cozad put up a career day with two first-place finishes in the 100 fly (58.75) and the 200 fly (2:09.02) … She also was the leading leg of the 400 free relay that took home first over Georgia Southern
- Annie Fletcher stood victorious in the 100 back, clocking a time of 59.84 … she also was the runner-up in the 200 back with a time of 2:12.73 … Fletcher was also the leading leg of the 200 medley relay that placed second.
- Gabriella Reeves grabbed the first win of her collegiate career swimming in the 500 free with a time of 5:17.86 … she was the third leg of the 400 medley relay that finished first as well
- Ryan Showfety placed second in the 1000 free (10:57.87) and followed behind Reeves with a third-place finish in the 500 free (5:21.17)
- Isabella Giresi notched two third-place finishes in the 200 IM (2:14.99) and the 200 breast (2:29.98) as the top Osprey performer in both races
- Esther Quackenbush finished right behind Cozad with a time of 59.84 to give the Ospreys a 1-2 combo in 100 fly
- Ashley Kephart posted a time of 1:57.74 to place third in the 200 free, along with her being the last leg of the winning 400 free relay
- Marcia Shaw was the second leg of the winning 400 free relay squad that included Cozad, Reeves, and Kephart (3:36.62) … Shaw was also the final leg of the runner-up 200 medley relay that featured Julianna Graf, as well as Fletcher and Cozad (1:48.59)
“I’m very happy with how the team swam today. Ashley Cozad scored three first-place finishes with the 100 fly, 200 fly, and the 400 free relay. Annie Fletcher took the 100 backstroke and Gabby Reeves won the 500 free for her first win in college. We still have some work to do before we go to the conference championship, but today was a very encouraging step in the right direction.” — head coach Ian Coffey
North Florida will return to the pool next weekend in a two-day meet at Florida Gulf Coast Feb. 4-5. The first day of competition will kick off at 4:00 pm and the Ospreys will wrap things up on the second day at 11:00 am.
Courtesy: SCAD Savannah Athletics
STATESBORO, Ga. – The SCAD women’s swimming team traveled to Statesboro to take on NCAA DI Georgia Southern University and NCAA DI University of North Florida on Saturday.
TEAM SCORES: The Bees finished second to both teams, scoring 100.50 to UNF’s 160.50 and 80.00 to GSU’s 207.00 in the meet.
WINNING TIMES: Haley VanBuskirk won the 1000-yard freestyle with a time of 10:41.74.
Sloan Sizemore won the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 53.07.
TOP RELAYS: The 200-yard medley relay team of Lillie England, Sarah Scargill, Anna Kate McGinty and Loan Sizemore finished in fourth with a time of 1:53.68.
Anna Kate McGinty, Spencer Sheridan, Emily Elz and Sloan Sizemore finished third in the 400-yard freestyle relay with a time of 3:41.65.
Kaila Aaron (Westerville, Ohio / Illustration)
- 10th/13: 50-yard freestyle (26.44)
- 10th/13: 100-yard freestyle (58.70)
Addie Benson (Kansas City, Kan. / User Experience (UX) Design)
- 9th/13: 50-yard freestyle (26.13)
Bella Delmonico (Wheaton, Ill. / Graphic Design)
- 9th/9: 100-yard backstroke (1:08.88)
Emily Elz (Suwanee, Ga. / User Experience (UX) Design)
- 7th/10: 200-yard freestyle (2:02.07)
- 8th/13: 100-yard freestyle (57.39)
Lillie England (Shreveport, La. / Architecture)
- 5th/9: 100-yard backstroke (1:04.14)
Anna Kate McGinty (Auburn, Ala. / Advertising and Branding)
- 2nd/13: 50-yard freestyle (24.63)
- 4th/12: 100-yard butterfly (1:00.12)
Maria Luisa Nolla (San Juan, Puerto Rico / Interior Design)
- 11th/13: 100-yard breaststroke (1:19.61)
- 10th/11: 200-yard breaststroke (2:54.20)
Kaila Pardus (Charleston, S.C. / Interior Design)
- 5th/13: 100-yard breaststroke (1:09.61)
- 6th/11: 200-yard breaststroke (2:31.22)
- 5th/14: 200-yard IM (2:16.69)
Juliana Santamauro (Howell, N.J. / Film and Television)
- 10th/11: 200-yard butterfly (2:29.72)
- 10th/12: 100-yard butterfly (1:04.91)
Sarah Scargill (Menomonee Falls, Wis. / Interior Design)
- 8th/13: 100-yard breaststroke (1:10.63)
- T 3rd/11: 200-yard breaststroke (2:29.98)
- 11th/14: 200-yard IM (2:23.79)
Trinity Schmidt (Phoenix, Ariz. / Sequential Art)
- 5/6th: 1000-yard freestyle (11:16.69)
- 10th/10: 500-yard freestyle (5:33.83)
Spencer Sheridan (Charlotte, N.C. / Interior Design)
- 6th/10: 200-yard freestyle (2:00.98)
- 6th/13: 100-ayrd freestyle (55.16)
Sloan Sizemore (Pompano Beach, Fla. / Illustration)
- 2nd/10: 200-yard freestyle (1:57.20)
- 1st/13: 100-yard freestyle (53.07)
Isabella Song (Leominster, Mass. / Fashion)
- 2nd/13: 100-yard breaststroke (1:08.54)
- 9th/11: 200-yard breaststroke (2:34.01)
Abigail Tankersley (Knoxville, Tenn. / Fibers)
- 8th/11: 200-yard butterfly (2:21.87)
- 9th/10: 500-yard freestyle (5:32.17)
- 8th/14: 200-yard IM (2:20.20)
Mia Thatcher (Bluffton, S.C. / Sequential Art)
- 3rd/11: 200-yard butterfly (2:10.86)
- 7th/10: 500-yard freestyle (5:28.52)
Harley Van Luvender (Cary, N.C. / Interior Design)
- 8th/9: 100-yard backstroke (1:08.20)
Haley VanBuskirk (Clarkston, Mich. / Interior Design)
- 1st/6: 1000-yard freestyle (10:41.74)
- 3rd/9: 200-yard backstroke (2:13.29)
WHAT’S NEXT? The Bees will travel to the Bluegrass Mountain Conference Championships on February 10-13.